(Photo by Moses Robinson/Getty Images)

(Photo by Moses Robinson/Getty Images)

GFW star Matt Sydal recently spoke with Riju Dasgupta of Sportskeeda ahead of his big match against Lashley at Destination X, and below are some interview highlights:

What made you come to GFW in 2017?

Sydal: It was just the perfect opportunity to have a platform to tell people how I feel, what I think and a great platform to get my message across that we are all one, that you should trust yourself and question authority.

Being known primarily as a babyface in almost every promotion, do you also long for a heel turn in the future?

Sydal: You know I’d be all about that if there were guys who could take my place as a babyface but there is no one that can step into my shoes. There’s no one who can do what I do. So, there’s plenty of good heels in the business.

I don’t see guys who can get fans to rally behind them like I do. It’s hard. It’s the hardest job in the business and I’m doing it every single night. I don’t take shortcuts. I don’t take the easy way out. I’m not looking for the short answers. I’m looking for the big answers for the questions that are hard to ask. I’ve been in this game since 1999. I will be in this game for the years to come. So, I’ve got a lot of experience and I’m still learning lots.

Are you in touch with Kofi Kingston and have you seen The New Day gimmick that he’s playing right now?

Sydal: Yeah of course, and I mean Xavier Woods and Big E are guys I know also. I mean honestly, if New Day were to ever get a new member, if they were ever to be the Bullet Club and just started adding guys, I think I would be top of the list because there’s nothing I like to do more than to go out to the wrestling ring, have some fun, share what I enjoy with the world and put smiles on faces.

To work with Kofi again would be a treat because he has incredible in-ring work and what I said about being a babyface? That’s why Kofi Kingston is loved by so many fans because he is true to himself and genuine. That’s how he lives his life. I definitely want to be like that.

When you heard that Impact Wrestling would be known as GFW, what was the reaction backstage among the boys?

Sydal: I’m not about being an insider. I’m about being an outsider. I believe it was Shakespeare who said that a rose by any other name would be just as sweet.

A name is a placeholder for a feeling. I want to create a feeling and you can call it whatever you want, as long as you can identify it.

Moose on Why He Chose GFW Over NXT, If He Knew DeAngelo Williams Was Retiring After One Match, GFW’s New Management & Di

GFW star Moose recently appeared on Interactive Wrestling Radio, and below are some interview highlights: On his Slammiversary match teaming with DeAngelo Williams: “It was awesome! DeAngelo Williams read news >>

Moose On Why He Chose GFW Over NXT, Which Wrestler He Thinks Is A Star, Grand Championship Concept - WrestlingInc.com

Moose On Why He Chose GFW Over NXT, Which Wrestler He Thinks Is A Star, Grand Championship Concept read news >>

More On WWE's Return To Ireland & Scotland, Who Is Favored In The Punjabi Prison?, Lashley Bothered By Matt Sydal On Imp

WWE Live Earlier today it was confirmed that WWE would be returning to Ireland this November. WWE.com posted the following details, confirming the Ireland event is one of two new events added to this read news >>

Matt Sydal On The New Day, Taking A Mid-Air RKO From Randy Orton, If He Would Turn Heel - WrestlingInc.com

Matt Sydal On The New Day, Taking A Mid-Air RKO From Randy Orton, If He Would Turn Heel read news >>

Low Ki On Why He Returned to GFW, If He Feels Like His Talent Has Been Overlooked, His Hitman Gimmick Being a ‘Silent Pr

• 15 hours ago

GFW star Low Ki recently appeared on Ring Rust Radio and below are some interview highlights: Ring Rust Radio: The 2017 edition of Destination X takes place LIVE Thursday at 8 pm ET on POP TV. While read news >>

Kevin Owens On Why He Doesn't Like Working With AJ Styles, Which WWE RAW Star Is His Best Friend - WrestlingInc.com

Kevin Owens On Why He Doesn't Like Working With AJ Styles, Which WWE RAW Star Is His Best Friend read news >>

GFW Star On Why He Turned Down Offer From WWE - WrestlingInc.com

GFW Star On Why He Turned Down Offer From WWE read news >>

GFW Star On Why He Turned Down Offer From WWE - WrestlingInc.com

GFW Star On Why He Turned Down Offer From WWE read news >>

Jeff Cobb On If He Is Looking To Sign With WWE, His Current Status With Lucha Underground, More - WrestlingInc.com

Jeff Cobb On If He Is Looking To Sign With WWE, His Current Status With Lucha Underground, More read news >>

Jeff Cobb On If He Is Looking To Sign With WWE, His Current Status With Lucha Underground, Story Behind Matanza Cueto, L

Today The Two Man Power Trip of Wrestling welcomes quite possibly the hottest free agent in the entire wrestling business, “Mr. Athletic” Jeff Cobb. Find out what is going on in the career of the hot read news >>