takeover

(Photo by Gerardo Mora/Getty Images for SiriusXM)

Drew McIntyre was inducted into the ICW Hall Of Fame at tonight’s ICW: Fight Club event; photos from the event are below:

McIntyre also spoke with the Mirror before the event; you can read a few highlights below:

Drew comments on how the Hall Of Fame induction came together:

I’m friends obviously with Mark Dallas the promoter and a couple of the lads were with him and they just messaged me to let me know. They said ‘we’re going to put you into the Hall of Fame at the upcoming Fight Club tapings, the biggest one ever, and we just want to recognise what you’ve done for the company and done for Scottish wrestling’. It really meant the world to me, I didn’t know what to say. I’ve won a lot of titles and they were very big moments, but this is personally very special to me.

After they actually sent it I contacted Triple H and told him about it and he personally endorsed me going. The reason I’m going is because Triple H believes in ICW and was very happy for me. Receiving this opportunity, he told me, ‘you should go there and be there in person’. That’s the reason i’m going to be there. To go there and be in person, when initially it was just going to be done on the show as a little tribute without me there, really does mean the world. I’m going to be going home, in my home company and with all my friends on the show and in the crowd, with my family there. You can’t buy that kind of stuff.

McIntyre comments on his injury rehabilitation and how it’s going:

Yeah I’m great…. it’s obviously not ideal, I became NXT Champion, I came back and I was flying high and I showed the world Drew Galloway/Drew McIntyre was ready to be the flag bearer, was ready to take on the responsibility I wasn’t ready for the first time, and then I got hurt and I lost the title. That wasn’t ideal, I was obviously pretty upset at first, but then I came home, I sat with my wife and evaluated things and I realised I hadn’t had this time off in 17 years that I’ve been wrestling.

This is the first time I’ve had three months off in my entire career. I’ve had the chance to sit down, reflect, take a look at how I can better myself and I’ve really come up some good ideas. If I was a champion and I was able to take myself to the level I was able to take myself to before, the way I’m thinking now, the way I’m going to come back now, I’ll be a whole different animal and anyone who is in that building can take one look at me and see if I’m ready to return because I’ve got my sights on New Orleans.

Demolition Comments On What It Would Take To Have Them Accept A WWE Hall Of Fame Nomination - Wrestlezone

Demolition’s Ax and Smash (Barry Darsow and Bill Eadie) were recent guests on Prime Time With Sean Mooney, and discussed their chances at getting into the WWE Hall Of Fame. You can read a few transcr read news >>

Demolition On How Much It Would Take To Induct Them Into The WWE Hall Of Fame - WrestlingInc.com

Demolition On How Much It Would Take To Induct Them Into The WWE Hall Of Fame read news >>

Drew McIntyre Must Be Fast-Tracked to Universal Title Picture on WWE Raw

Drew McIntyre's latest stint on WWE Raw has been brief, but he has shown enough promise to the point where he should be fast-tracked to the Universal Championship picture as soon as possible... read news >>

WWE Poll: Who Are Your Favorite Brothers On The Roster?, Xavier Woods Is SEGA Genesis Champion - Wrestlezone

WWE Poll: Who Are Your Favorite Brothers On The Roster? In honor of National Brothers Day yesterday WWE.com conducted a poll asking “Who are your favorite brothers on the WWE roster?” So far with a c read news >>

Shawn Michaels To Make Long Anticipated U.K. Return; Candice LeRae Is Done (VIDEO)

• a day ago

Shawn Michaels To Make Long Anticipated U.K. Return WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels will make his return to the United Kingdom for the upcoming U.K. Championship Tournament. The event marks the firs read news >>

Why The SHIELD Despise Jinder Mahal; Lio Rush Comments On Controversial Emma Tweet

• a day ago

Why The SHIELD Despise Jinder Mahal The WWE released the following video to their YouTube channel, explaining why The SHIELD despise former WWE Champion Jinder Mahal: RELATED: Happy Birthday Roman Re read news >>

MVP Speaks Out On NFL Anthem Decision; WWE Superstar Comments On Sterling Brown Incident

• a day ago

MVP Speaks Out On NFL Anthem Decision Former WWE Superstar MVP recently commented on the NFL’s controversial new rule that will penalize players who do not stand for the National Anthem: So let me ge read news >>

Hurricane Helms Says Enzo Amore Would Have Been A Perfect Foil For Him, Comments On Social Media Helping His Royal Rumbl

Hurricane Helms was a recent guest on Sean Waltman’s X-Pac 1,2,360; you can read a few highlights and watch the full show below. X-Pac 1,2,360 is also available for download on iTunes and Android dev read news >>

Roderick Strong Comments On 'Ending The Fairytale' At Takeover, Preview For This Week's Total Bellas (Videos) - Wrestlez

Roderick Strong NXT Tag Team Champions The Undisputed Era (Roderick Strong and Kyle O’Reilly) posted the following after their NXT Takeover Chicago title defense was confirmed: Oh these poor souls… c read news >>

Sean Waltman Remembers Owen Hart, Comments On Smackdown Possibly Going Live On FOX, WWE Stock Prices - Wrestlezone

Sean Waltman recently released the latest episode of X-Pac 1,2,360 with Hurricane Helms as the guest. You can read a few highlights and watch the full show below. X-Pac 1,2,360 is also available for read news >>