takeover

(Photo by Gerardo Mora/Getty Images for SiriusXM)

Drew McIntyre was inducted into the ICW Hall Of Fame at tonight’s ICW: Fight Club event; photos from the event are below:

McIntyre also spoke with the Mirror before the event; you can read a few highlights below:

Drew comments on how the Hall Of Fame induction came together:

I’m friends obviously with Mark Dallas the promoter and a couple of the lads were with him and they just messaged me to let me know. They said ‘we’re going to put you into the Hall of Fame at the upcoming Fight Club tapings, the biggest one ever, and we just want to recognise what you’ve done for the company and done for Scottish wrestling’. It really meant the world to me, I didn’t know what to say. I’ve won a lot of titles and they were very big moments, but this is personally very special to me.

After they actually sent it I contacted Triple H and told him about it and he personally endorsed me going. The reason I’m going is because Triple H believes in ICW and was very happy for me. Receiving this opportunity, he told me, ‘you should go there and be there in person’. That’s the reason i’m going to be there. To go there and be in person, when initially it was just going to be done on the show as a little tribute without me there, really does mean the world. I’m going to be going home, in my home company and with all my friends on the show and in the crowd, with my family there. You can’t buy that kind of stuff.

McIntyre comments on his injury rehabilitation and how it’s going:

Yeah I’m great…. it’s obviously not ideal, I became NXT Champion, I came back and I was flying high and I showed the world Drew Galloway/Drew McIntyre was ready to be the flag bearer, was ready to take on the responsibility I wasn’t ready for the first time, and then I got hurt and I lost the title. That wasn’t ideal, I was obviously pretty upset at first, but then I came home, I sat with my wife and evaluated things and I realised I hadn’t had this time off in 17 years that I’ve been wrestling.

This is the first time I’ve had three months off in my entire career. I’ve had the chance to sit down, reflect, take a look at how I can better myself and I’ve really come up some good ideas. If I was a champion and I was able to take myself to the level I was able to take myself to before, the way I’m thinking now, the way I’m going to come back now, I’ll be a whole different animal and anyone who is in that building can take one look at me and see if I’m ready to return because I’ve got my sights on New Orleans.

Owen Hart Inducted Into George Tragos/Lou Thesz Hall Of Fame - WrestlingInc.com

Owen Hart Inducted Into George Tragos/Lou Thesz Hall Of Fame read news >>

Koko B. Ware On Why He Feels Vince McMahon Inducted Him Into The WWE Hall Of Fame - WrestlingInc.com

Koko B. Ware On Why He Feels Vince McMahon Inducted Him Into The WWE Hall Of Fame read news >>

Abyss “Thrilled” About Hulk Hogan’s Reinstatement Into Hall Of Fame

Abyss recently spoke with The Wrestling Epicenter for an interview. You can check out a few highlights below: Abyss On deciding to re-sign with Impact Wrestling: “It was a pretty easy decision for me read news >>

WWE Hall Of Famer Celebrates Birthday Today - Wrestlezone

WWE Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan is celebrating his 65th birthday today. Hogan was reinstated to the Hall Of Fame in July of this year after a 3-year suspension was handed down when audio released of Hog read news >>

Teddy Long Planning To Write A Book, Says WWE Chose His Hall Of Fame Inductors - WrestlingInc.com

Teddy Long Planning To Write A Book, Says WWE Chose His Hall Of Fame Inductors read news >>

Jim Ross On Hulk Hogan's Reinstatement Into The WWE Hall Of Fame, Papa John's Racial Slur - WrestlingInc.com

Jim Ross On Hulk Hogan's Reinstatement Into The WWE Hall Of Fame, Papa John's Racial Slur read news >>

Eric Bischoff Talks Backlash To Hulk Hogan's WWE Hall Of Fame Reinstatement - WrestlingInc.com

Eric Bischoff Talks Backlash To Hulk Hogan's WWE Hall Of Fame Reinstatement read news >>

Booker T On If He Agrees With WWE Reinstating Hulk Hogan Into The WWE Hall Of Fame - WrestlingInc.com

Booker T On If He Agrees With WWE Reinstating Hulk Hogan Into The WWE Hall Of Fame read news >>

Ryback Talks Hulk Hogan Being Reinstated Into The WWE Hall Of Fame - WrestlingInc.com

Ryback Talks Hulk Hogan Being Reinstated Into The WWE Hall Of Fame read news >>

Former NWA Champion Representing WWE At Prestigious Hall of Fame Ceremony, Former Tag Team Champions Tour San Diego Comi

Former NWA Champion Representing WWE At Prestigious Hall of Fame Ceremony Former NWA Champion and current WWE Producer Adam Pearce will be the Master Of Ceremonies for this year’s George Tragos/Lou T read news >>