takeover

(Photo by Gerardo Mora/Getty Images for SiriusXM)

Drew McIntyre was inducted into the ICW Hall Of Fame at tonight’s ICW: Fight Club event; photos from the event are below:

McIntyre also spoke with the Mirror before the event; you can read a few highlights below:

Drew comments on how the Hall Of Fame induction came together:

I’m friends obviously with Mark Dallas the promoter and a couple of the lads were with him and they just messaged me to let me know. They said ‘we’re going to put you into the Hall of Fame at the upcoming Fight Club tapings, the biggest one ever, and we just want to recognise what you’ve done for the company and done for Scottish wrestling’. It really meant the world to me, I didn’t know what to say. I’ve won a lot of titles and they were very big moments, but this is personally very special to me.

After they actually sent it I contacted Triple H and told him about it and he personally endorsed me going. The reason I’m going is because Triple H believes in ICW and was very happy for me. Receiving this opportunity, he told me, ‘you should go there and be there in person’. That’s the reason i’m going to be there. To go there and be in person, when initially it was just going to be done on the show as a little tribute without me there, really does mean the world. I’m going to be going home, in my home company and with all my friends on the show and in the crowd, with my family there. You can’t buy that kind of stuff.

McIntyre comments on his injury rehabilitation and how it’s going:

Yeah I’m great…. it’s obviously not ideal, I became NXT Champion, I came back and I was flying high and I showed the world Drew Galloway/Drew McIntyre was ready to be the flag bearer, was ready to take on the responsibility I wasn’t ready for the first time, and then I got hurt and I lost the title. That wasn’t ideal, I was obviously pretty upset at first, but then I came home, I sat with my wife and evaluated things and I realised I hadn’t had this time off in 17 years that I’ve been wrestling.

This is the first time I’ve had three months off in my entire career. I’ve had the chance to sit down, reflect, take a look at how I can better myself and I’ve really come up some good ideas. If I was a champion and I was able to take myself to the level I was able to take myself to before, the way I’m thinking now, the way I’m going to come back now, I’ll be a whole different animal and anyone who is in that building can take one look at me and see if I’m ready to return because I’ve got my sights on New Orleans.

Drew McIntyre to be inducted into ICW Hall of Fame

Former NXT Champion Drew McIntyre will be inducted into the Insane Championship Wrestling Hall of Fame at ICW’s event in Glasgow on Monday, Feb. 12. read news >>

Drew McIntyre Being Inducted Into The ICW Hall Of Fame (Video), WWE Hypes Rusev vs Roode On Smackdown - Wrestlezone

Glorious Rusev WWE.com posted the following preview for next week’s United States Championship match between Bobby Roode and Rusev: After winning a Fatal 4-Way Match, Rusev has earned the right to ch read news >>

Drew McIntyre Makes WWE Promise During ICW Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony, Thanks Triple H (Photos) - WrestlingInc.com

Drew McIntyre Makes WWE Promise During ICW Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony, Thanks Triple H (Photos) read news >>

WWE On Drew McIntyre's ICW Hall Of Fame Induction, WWE NXT TV Tapings Tonight, Shinsuke Nakamura - WrestlingInc.com

WWE On Drew McIntyre's ICW Hall Of Fame Induction, WWE NXT TV Tapings Tonight, Shinsuke Nakamura read news >>

Ivory Announced as Member of 2018 WWE Hall of Fame Class

Ivory will be inducted into the 2018 WWE Hall of Fame at New Orleans' Smoothie King Center on April 6. Aishwarya Kumar of ESPN reported the former female wrestler will join the other inductees at the read news >>

Triple H Comments On The Dudley Boyz 2018 WWE Hall Of Fame Induction; In-Depth Look At Rey Mysterio's Royal Rumble Gear

WWE HOF Triple H posted the following on Twitter after it was confirmed that the Dudley Boyz, Bubba Ray and D-Von, are being inducted into the 2018 Class of the WWE Hall Of Fame: One of the most deva read news >>

Dudley Boyz to Be Inducted into WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2018

The Dudley Boyz are headed to the WWE Hall of Fame. WWE made the announcement Monday, with the most decorated tag team in history joining Goldberg as the first two announced inductees. The former Sup read news >>

Breaking: The Dudley Boyz To Be Inducted Into WWE Hall of Fame

CBSSports.com has just released a new article announcing that The Dudley Boyz will be inducted into WWE Hall of Fame as part of it’s 2018 class. Goldberg has also been announced as part of the 2018 c read news >>

The Dudley Boyz to be inducted into WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2018

Bubba Ray & D-Von Dudley will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame as part of the Class of 2018 on Friday, April 6, during WrestleMania 34 Week in New Orleans. read news >>

Impact Wrestling To Air Live Special From New Orleans During The 2018 WWE Hall Of Fame Ceremony - WrestlingInc.com

Impact Wrestling To Air Live Special From New Orleans During The 2018 WWE Hall Of Fame Ceremony read news >>